Produce Prep/Salsa - Produce
Employment Type: Full-Time
The purpose of this position is to maintain quality standards and product levels of all freshly prepared products in the produce department. This person will be preparing and packaging fresh cut fruits and vegetables, fresh salsa and guacamole, receiving and stocking product, following production and inventory levels, and providing exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Follows established departmental and store policies and procedures
• Ensures the quality and freshness of all products and services the produce department provides
• Responsible for maintaining the appropriate product assortment and inventory levels for the produce department
• Confirms pricing accuracy and signage for all products, paying particular attention to ad items
• Ensures the produce department is cleaned and sanitized daily and meets the company standards for appearance
• Delivers excellent service to all customers
• Prepares all fresh-cut fruits and vegetables, fresh salsa and guacamole, etc. following Harmons guidelines and recipes
• Prepares food for special orders and events
• Receives and stocks product
• Assists as needed to ensure the success of the produce department as a whole
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
• Consistent and daily interaction with store associates
• Consistent and daily interaction with customers
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A high school diploma or GED preferred; or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Current Food Handler’s Permit
• Enjoys working with and handling produce items
• Ability to interpret policies and procedures
• Familiarity with all varieties of fruits and vegetables and being able to tell when they are ripe
• Excellent organization and planning skills
• Must possess solid communication skills, including verbal and listening skills in order to effectively and efficiently communicate with customers and fellow associates
• Must possess the ability to accept constructive review and be accountable for one’s own success as well as the success of your team
• Must possess integrity, a positive attitude, be mission-driven, and be self-directed with a demonstrated passion for Harmons’ mission and commitment to working collaboratively
• Continually strives to be product minded, customer minded, personnel minded, detailed, consistent and forward focused
• Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable store environment with the possibility of frequent exposure to cold, slippery and wet conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to grasp, push, pull, carry, stoop, twist, crouch, and reach; perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and eye, hand and foot coordination; hear and respond to customer inquiries. Also requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds from location to location.
Loading some great jobs for you...