RN Admissions Counselor
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
ABOUT US: Highland Ridge Hospital is an 83-bed psychiatric and chemical dependency treatment facility located in the heart of the Salt Lake Valley. Highland Ridge is owned by Acadia Healthcare, a national leader in the behavioral healthcare industry. We are the oldest specialty treatment program in the state of Utah and are fully accredited by the Joint Commission.
JOB SUMMARY: Clinical professional responsible for facilitating admissions, clinical intake assessments and utilization review processes to assure continuity for the most appropriate level of care for patients and their benefit/resources utilization.
- Facilitate intake, admission and utilization review process for incoming patients.
- Perform insurance benefit verifications, disseminating the information gathered to patient, their families and appropriate internal staff.
- Provide accurate and ongoing assessment of patient’s status in the admission and utilization process.
- Respond to inquiries about the facility within facility policy time frames.
- Schedule/complete pre-admission assessments and communicate recommendations to patient or their family.
- Collaborate with other facility medical and psychiatric personnel to ensure appropriate recommendations and admissions.
- Provide accurate and ongoing assessment of patient’s status in the admissions, intake and utilization process.
- Provide education to patient and their family throughout stay.
- Perform ongoing assessments of physical/function, emotional, social, spiritual and financial needs patients and implements crisis intervention and referral.
- Provide education regarding healthcare and social resource systems to empower patient and their family to access resources independently.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILL REQUIREMENTS: Master's degree in a Therapeutic Counseling, Behavioral Science, Social Work or related field. In some states, may also be a registered nurse, in which case, an associate's or bachelor's degree in nursing is required. Three plus years of mental/behavioral health experience working with individuals in a clinical or observational capacity, preferably within the area of specialty for the facility. Experience in the managed care pre-certification process, level of care assessments and utilization.
LICENSES/DESIGNATIONS/CERTIFICATIONS: Current licensure, as required for the area of clinical specialty, i.e., current RN license, CAC or other clinical counseling or therapy license, as designated by the state in which the facility operates. First Aid, CPR, de-escalation and restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
AVAILABLE BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, 401k, and Paid Time Off.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)Job Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...