Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Education - Excluding Post Secondary
As a four time Best of State award winner, Kids On The Move provides services throughout Utah to children with special needs and their families. Our mission is to support the development of young children through four key programs: Early Intervention, Early Head Start, the KOTM Autism Center, and KOTM Respite Care.
We are currently expanding our Autism Center program and services throughout the state, especially in rural areas.
Our ABA tutors work day to day to implement strategies and provide in-home services for children with autism and other developmental disabilities. Services are provided utilizing highly effective Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) methods in a one-on-one setting in the home or in the community, depending on the specific needs of the individual child. Supervision and training is included, with growth opportunities in this field.
WHAT ABA TUTORS DO:
- Implement individualized programs and interventions that develop social, language, life, functional, and pre-academic skills and reduce problem behaviors in children and adolescents diagnosed with autism and other developmental disabilities
- Collect accurate data and record all therapeutic activities in daily clinical notes
- Render all service appointments and collect parent signatures on a daily basis
- Arrive at all scheduled meetings and appointments on time
- Enter all time on a daily basis and approve time card at the end of each pay period
- Attend all required program-wide, team-specific and training meetings as requested
- Communicate regularly with ABA Consultants, Behavior Analysts, Clinical Supervisor, and other KOTM staff
- Follow all department and company policies and procedures, as written
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Paid training and RBT certification
- Collaborative and supportive environment with monthly trainings
- Paid mileage reimbursement between all back-to-back appointments at 30 cents per mile
- $10.00/hour paid drive time between all consecutive appointments
- Reduced cost day care for employee's children who attend at Orem Kids on the Move Child care center
- 15 days off during the calendar year
- Paid vacation and sick days for full-time employees
- 401k retirement plan with company match after 1 year for full time employees
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available for full-time employees
- Ability to complete RBT certification within 90 days of beginning training
- Ability to complete hands-on training as outlined by Clinical Supervisor
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Driver's License
- Proof of Auto Insurance
- Ability to pass a criminal background check upon hire and on an annual basis
- Ability to pass a TB test upon hire
- CPR and First Aide Certification within 90 days of hire
- Capable of using technology, including iPads and Microsoft Outlook
- Must be able to maintain 15+ hours with availability during hours client have services, which may include up to 7pm weekdays and Saturday and/or Sunday availability
- This position requires the use of personal vehicle with continuous automobile insurance that meets state minimum insurance requirements
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- At least 6 months of experience working with children with autism or special needs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate professionally with staff and families
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on level of importance and/or need
- Proficient at organizing and managing work materials and work schedule
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to resolve problems or differences of opinion within the appropriate chain of command
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be a team player
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Capable of lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. for brief periods of time
- Capable of actively playing with children in a variety of different environments
- Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to negotiate stairs or uneven walking surfaces
- Will be frequently traveling around the community to visit client homes
- May encounter some environmental health risks common to family homes, such as pets, secondhand smoke, etc.
- May be exposed to some communicable illnesses in working with children and families
- May be required to work irregular hours
Kids On The Move is an at-will employer and is committed to equal employment opportunity and employs individuals without regard to any legally recognized protected class including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age and physical or mental disability or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.
KOTM will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities when it is necessary for the performance of the essential functions of a job. Should you need assistance in completing the application or at any other stage of the hiring process, or during employment, please notify us immediately. Your request and/or need for an accommodation will be kept confidential and only shared with individuals with a business need to know of the request.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...